COVID-19 DISASTER PAYMENT – ARE YOU ELIGIBLE?
The COVID-19 Disaster payment is a lump sum payment to help workers unable to earn an income due to the COVID-19 lockdown, hotspot or period of restricted movement.
You may be eligible if ALL of the following apply:
- You cannot attend work and lost income on or after day 8 of a COVID-19 restriction of movement
- You do not have access to appropriate paid leave entitlements through your employer
- You are not receiving an income support payment eg carer payment, age pension, austudy, jobseeker, parenting payment, disability support pension, special benefits
- You are not receiving a Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment or state small business payment for the same period
The COVID-19 Disaster Payment is a one off payment to help when the restrictions last for more than seven days.
You need to meet the eligibility rules to receive the payment.
- You are an Australian resident or hold an eligible working visa
- You are aged 17 year or older
- You do not receive an income support payment such as those listed above
- You live or work in a Commonwealth-declared COVID-19 hotspot
The NSW COVID-19 recognised events:
- Parts of Sydney from June 2021
- Greater Sydney from June 2021
To check if you are in a current hotspot click the link below
HOW MUCH DO YOU GET?
If you lost less that 20 hours work you will get $325 for each recognised event if you are eligible.
If you lost more than 20 hours work you will get $500 for each recognised event if you are eligible.
It can be paid from the date of activation for an area where the following apply:
- The area has a public health lockdown or period of restricted movement for more than seven days
- The area is declared a COVID-19 hotspot
If you are a member of a couple you can both claim the payment. You and your partner will need to make separate claims. Claims can be made through your myGov account.
HOW TO CLAIM
Australian residents need to claim online.
CLICK HERE to view video on how to claim on line
HOW TO HELP YOUR EMPLOYEES