Services Australia – Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment
If you need to isolate, quarantine or care for someone with COVID-19 you may be able to access financial support from Services Australia.
You may be found eligible if a health official has instructed you to self isolate or quarantine due to the following:
- You have Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- are a close contact of a person who has COVID-19
- You are caring for a child 16yrs or younger who has COVID-19
- You are caring for a child, 16yrs or younger, who is a close contact of a person with COVID-19
If you are a carer for someone who has COVID-19 you may also be eligible if you meet all of the following criteria:
- You are aged 17 or older
- You are an Australian Resident or hold a Visa that gives you the right to work in Australia
- You are unable to go to your place of employment and earn an income
- You have no other leave entitlements available including, pandemic sick leave, personal leave or carers leave.
If you already receive an income support payment from Services Australia or are receiving income from paid work you will not be eligible for the Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment.
How to Apply
To make a claim call Services Australia on 180 22 66 or complete the Claim for Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment – New South Wales and fax to 1300 727 760. A new claim must be made for every 14 day period you are required to quarantine or self isolate for.
For further information regarding eligibility and how to make your claim see the Services Australia Website.