UPDATE: COVID 19 DISASTER PAYMENT
Many thanks to my daughter, Natassia Soper of A Current Affair Chanel 9, for putting this concise summary together.
Applications for government assistance we have heard will be available on line from tomorrow.
What I have heard is that the base test period will be a two week period in the 2019 financial year.
Federal Government Response
PRIME MINISTER SCOTT MORRISON – STATEMENT
- By week 4 of lock down disaster payments will be increased
- $600 for those who have lost more than 20 hours paid fortnightly
- $375 for those who have lost 8 – 20 hours of week paid fortnightly
- Full-time, part-time and casual workers eligible – it will be liquid asset means tested
- Residents in 4 LGA’s that were locked down first are eligible THIS Friday.
- All NSW residents eligible
- These are the same payments that were in place when Victoria was in lockdown in the last December quarter
- For individuals, the federal government will offer “administrative relief” to NSW taxpayers in trouble, including reduced payment plans for money owed to the government and no interest charged on late payments.
- Half a billion dollar Cash Boost program package…. Cost share 50/50 state and federal funding
- Expressions of interest open tomorrow
- $1000 for sole traders
- Payments between $1500 and $10000 per week, paid fortnightly with to businesses of up to $50Million. Business only eligible for max of $10,000 or 40% of payroll amount on the proviso they maintain their current staffing levels
Additional Mental Health Support
- $ 12.25 million dollars by commonwealth for mental health support services.
- $ 1.5million for a number of services, lifeline, kid help line, beyond blue and more
State Government Response – $4.1 Billion dollar package
NSW Treasurer Anthony Perrott “We have your back. We are going to get through this difficult time and get out the other side”
- $15k grants available for small businesses with payrolls of up to 10 million – Applications open 19th July
- Defer payroll tax liabilities over next 3 months
- Will Waive payroll tax for businesses who have a reduced turnover of 30% and have payrolls under $10 million
- $15k per fortnight for businesses with a turnover of between $30k and $75 who experience a reduction of turnover by 30% during this time.
- Mandating no lock outs or evictions for commercial and residential tenants during this period of time
- Rebates or discount in land tax for landlords who provide rent reduction to tenants
- Encouraging retails to work with landlords
- Protections for residential tenancy – no evictions for people doing it tough and had a reduction in come of 25 %
- 4000 temporary placements for people who are homeless
For more information or to start your application CLICK HERE