JobMaker Hiring Credits payments – Claim Now
JobMaker Hiring Credit payments are able to be claimed for additional eligible employees hired between the 7th of April 2021 – 6th July 2021. Claims must be made by the 31st of October 2021.
Employers may be found eligible if you meet all of the following:
- has registered for the JobMaker Hiring Credit scheme
- operates a business in Australia
- is a not-for-profit organisation operating in Australia
- is a deductible gift recipient (DGR) endorsed either as a public fund or for a public fund you operated under the Overseas Aid Gift Deductibility Scheme (DGR item 9.1.1) or for developed country relief (DGR item 9.1.2)
- holds an Australian business number (ABN)
- is registered for pay as you go (PAYG) withholding
- has not claimed JobKeeper payments for a fortnight that started during the JobMaker period
- is up to date with income tax and GST returns for the two years up to the end of the JobMaker period for which they are claiming
- satisfies the payroll increase and the headcount increase conditions
- satisfies reporting requirements, including up to date Single Touch Payroll (STP) reporting
- does not belong to one of the ineligible employer categories.
For further information regarding eligibility please see the ATO website
If you business is eligible
- register – use ATO online services, Online services for business, or a registered tax or BAS agent
- nominate your additional eligible employees – run payroll events through your Single Touch Payroll enabled software
- claim – use ATO online services, Online services for business, or a registered tax or BAS agent.
If your business is eligible you can claim the JobMaker hiring credit for up to a year for each additional eligible employee hired between 7th of October 2020 – 6th October 2021.
If you require assistance in accessing the JobMaker hiring credit please contact the Journey2 team!